Parents Are Important
The research is clear. Children do better in school when parents talk often with teachers, become involved in school and act as partners in their child’s education. Ways parents can support their child’s learning include: read daily to your children (even older children); stay informed and involved in the life of your child’s school; ensure homework gets done; help your child find solutions when they are struggling with school or homework; and provide your child with love and encouragement on a daily basis. Children do best when they see and understand their parents have a deep commitment to learning. Below are some resources that can help parents and students on their educational journey.
Classroom Curriculum and Homework
Always check your school's website for links to useful websites that support Pattonville's curriculum. Many teachers have class websites that feature links and resources specific to their grade level, content area or subject. Below are some other resources for parents and students:
Back to School Preparation
Pattonville began adding the details of its curriculum to a database in 2007. Curriculum continues to be added and made available to the community through Pattonville's Build Your Own Curriculum Database.
Parent Guides to Missouri's Learning Standards by National PTA
College and Career Planning
Below are resources for students and families for planning for the future - whether it be college or a career after high school.
- Pattonville College and Career Counseling Page
- Pattonville Scholarship Search Page
- Prepping for College (US Dept of Education)
- BigFuture.org (College/Career Planning Tool by the College Board)
Missouri's A+ Schools program enables students who graduate from a designated A+ high school (such as Pattonville) may qualify for a state-paid financial incentive to attend any public community college or career/technical school in Missouri if the students meets certain criteria for grades, attendance, citizenship and tutoring/mentoring.
- Pattonville's A+ Schools Program
- Department of Higher Education Workforce and Development A+ Information
Missouri Connections is a web-based resource to help Missouri Citizens determine their career interests, explore occupations, establish education plans, develop job search strategies, and create resumés. Sponsored by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and the Department of Economic Development, Missouri Connections is available to students, parents, guidance counselors, educators, and job seekers at no charge.
- Missouri Connections
- Missouri's Office of College and Career Readiness
- MOST - Missouri's 529 College Savings Plan
- ACT Information and Preparation
- College Board (Information source for SAT college test and Advanced Placement Classes)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- CoreCourseGPA (College Academic Eligibility Tool for High School Student Athletes)
Early Childhood Education
English Language Learner (ELL) Education
Recursos en Español - resources for Spanish speakers.
Below are a number of websites that might also be of interest to parents:
Missouri State Tests (MAP and EOCs)